1. run/walk regularly: natural endorphins are better than drugs!!!
2. draw: I tried to be creative every day last year. It lasted about three months of doing something daily. This year I'm just going to try to remember to draw whenever I have a chance!
3. go slower: life seems to be moving too fast. I bought "In Praise of Slowness: Challenging the Cult of Speed" through the Tasha Tudor store. There's a lot to be said for paying a little more attention. That's my next read!
4. always talk to the kids: they are growing up and I don't want to miss anything!
5. do things that make me happy: I worry so much about everyone else being happy, I forget to take care of myself!
6. make career goals: I'll share more of this as it happens. I feel like I'm entering another stage of my life. I put my career on hold or just did little things here and there while the kids were little. They are excited to be a part of the next thing I do because they enjoy being creative and even teaching with me! And Craig has a business mind and is in support of this too. It is exciting, even if it doesn't all happen within this next year.
7. be aware of my faith: that is really important to me and it keeps everything in perspective.
I hope that you are enjoying this first day of 2009!