Willow tagged me for a book meme and seeing that I have a book fetish (it's getting better but I still have my book binges!!!) I had to comply and fill this out. It just takes a lot of thought! I will tell you that I LOVE children's books... I couldn't begin to list all of my favorites!!!
1. A Book that Changed your Life: "Are You My Mother?" was the first book I ever read when I was in Kindergarten!! I still remember that day. "Surprised by the Truth" series by Patrick Madrid... it answered the questions I had and led me to who I am today (thanks Caroline!). "The Lamb's Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth" by Scott Hahn.
2. A Book you read More than Once: "Eloise in Paris", any "Toot & Puddle" book, "The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler", Winnie the Pooh... gosh, any of the great kids books we have!! The Bible (that's a given, isn't it?!). "Celebrating Home: Decorating For the Holidays and Seasons" by Seasons of Cannon Falls.
3. A book you would take to a Desert Island: "East of Eden" because it is so long! Maybe one of my big art books to shelter me from the sun?!! One off the huge stack that's next to my bed that I haven't read yet!!
4. A book that made you laugh: Hands down "The Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter" or anything by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee!! She's hilarious! Or anything by Bill Cosby. Even "Cyrano de Bergerac" made me laugh out loud in high school...love that book!
5. A book that made you cry: "Sounder" when we read that in elementary school.
6. A book you wish you had written: "Reclaiming Childhood: Letting Children Be Children in our Achievement Oriented Society" by William Crain. Lots of wisdom in that one that I think about often. "Real Food: What to Eat and Why" by Nina Planck-- more wisdom...love it!!! Both of these books to me are common sense. Or any of the Toot & Puddle books by Holly Hobbie-- I wish I was as talented as she is!!
7. A book you wish had not been written: The Left Behind series. I think this fictional series just confused a lot of good people into thinking it was real. And it's not biblically accurate at all. "The Da Vinci Code"...again, it confused fiction with reality and people believed it.
8. Two books that you are at present reading: "Real Food: What to Eat and Why" by Nina Planck, "A Mother's Rule of Life: How to Bring Order to Your Home and Peace to Your Soul" by Holly Pierlot, and "Bend-the-Rules Sewing" by Amy Karol. I'm always reading several books at a time!!!
9. A book you are going to read: "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life" by Barbara Kingsolver, "The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals" by Michael Pollan, "Jesus of Nazareth" by Pope Benedict XVI, "In This House of Brede" by Rumer Godden and Phyllis Tickle, "Lotta Prints: How to Print with Anything, from Potatoes to Linoleum" by Lotta Jansdotter, "Making Stuff for Kids" by Victoria Woodcock, and "The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections" by Amanda Blake Soule. (the last three are on order waiting to be released!). Yes-- this is the pile next to my bed!!!
Now that you see some (not all ... I have TONS of art books!!!) of what I read, I want to know what YOU read!!! I am tagging YOU if you are reading this post... because I want to know what everyone reads and am not narrowing it down to only several people! Consider yourself tagged!